Due to the COVID-19 outbreak, in-person district and council meetings, activities, and events have restrictions; council camp events have restrictions. The council office and Scouts Shops are open with limited staff and social distancing protocols. Learn More.
May 13, 2021 l 7:30 - 9:00 pm | Virtual
Roundtable is a district monthly meeting typically held the second Thursday of every month at
St. John Lutheran Church (520 N. Holland Bellville, TX 77418 ) at 7:30 pm to help unit leaders plan and carry out their own program. Roundtable is a form of supplemental training for volunteers. The objective of roundtable is to give leaders program ideas; information on policy, events, and training opportunities; and an opportunity to share experiences and enjoy fun and fellowship with other Scouting leaders. As a result of the roundtable experience, unit leaders will be inspired, motivated, informed, and able to provide a stronger program for their Scouts. Follow us on our official Facebook site at www.facebook.com/DavidCrockettDistrictSHAC.
April 23-25, 2021
The canoe-o-ree is a weekend campout for Scouts in troops. Scouts compete in events that are all canoe and/or kayak-related. The registration fee is $20 per person. Registration is completed by the unit leadership online with credit card or electronic check. The event is being held at Camp Allen (18800 FM 362, Navasota, Texas 77868). Program highlights:
- White Bead Program - For Scouts not able to pass BSA swim test
- Canoe over Canoe Rescue - Timed competition using 16' tandem canoes
- 'Yak Attack - Water polo in kayaks, a favorite event with the Scouts!
- River Rope Rescue - Rescue the "crash dummies" before the drown!
- Canoe-athlon - Timed canoe race with several challenging events along the way
- Water Canaries - A project wild activity to discover what is in the lake water?
- Canoe Tug-A-War - Tug-a-war as you have never seen it!
- Free Swim - At the pool
- Campfire and slide show
- Order of the Arrow (OA) call out ceremony
June 2-4, 2021 | 4:00 - 8:00 pm
Prepare for launch as we count down to lift-off, A Scout Odyssey! Cub Scouts and their families will learn new skills and make new friends. Twilight camp is a council camp organized by districts and conducted by volunteers from the local area for Cub Scouts entering 1st through 5th grade for the next school year. Twilight camp is a week of fun with awesome programs and activities such as BB guns, archery, sports, STEM, games and crafts, rank advancements, Scout skills, fun and more.
Many volunteers are needed to make camp a success, so please consider volunteering. Adult volunteers can also register their non-Scouting children ages 3-5 (potty trained). Scouts in troops, crews and ships can also volunteer. An adult/guardian must register with a Tiger (going into 1st grade).
The registration fee is $51.50 for the first Scout and $50 for each additional Scout. The registration fee includes a t-shirt, patch and program supplies. All youth entering 1st grade through age 18 must be registered with the Boy Scouts of America. A registered parent/guardian must be onsite at all times when tot-lots (ages 3-5) and Tigers (going into 1st grader) are at camp.
Learn More and Register
- There is an early registration discount of $5 for Scouts until 5/1/21.
- Late registration begins 5/15/21. A late fee of $20 will apply; patches, t-shirts and craft supplies are not guaranteed for late registrations.
- Registration closes for youth and adults two weeks before camp.